2018 SEA HARVEST INTERCLUB CHAMPIONSHIPS supported by SPORT AND RECREATION SA
INVITATION TO COMPETE
Surf Clubs are invited to send teams to compete in the 2018 Sea Harvest Interclub Championships which is supported by
Sport and Recreation SA.
The hosts of this Surfing South Africa event are the Muizenberg based SWOT Surf Club, who won the right to host the
2018 Interclub Championships when they won the 2017 edition at SEAL POINT in in February 2017.
The contest will take place at Muizenberg Pavilion and will get under way on Saturday February 24th and conclude at about 3pm on Sunday February 25th .
There is NO Entry fee.
ENTRY PROCEDURE & DEADLINES
NO LATER than FRIDAY February 16th
If your Club intends to participate PLEASE COMPLETE & SUBMIT your Entry Form ASAP.
It is not necessary to submit the names of team members when submitting the CLUB ENTRY FORM
CLUB Tee SHIRT SIZES
All participating clubs are requested to email estimated tee shirt sizes of their team members to email@example.com by no later than February 9th
TROPHIES,MEDALS & AWARDS
The winning club will not only earn the right to host the 2019 SEA HARVEST SOUTH AFRICAN INTERCLUB CHAMPIONSHIPS.
but will also take home the INTERCLUB FLOATING TROPHY.
Members of the top four teams will be awarded medals.
There is no opening function. Clubs are required to gather at the Muizenberg Pavilion (in front of the Muizenberg Civic Centre) at 7.30am on Saturday February 24th for a briefing by the Contest Director.
SSA will appoint the Event Staff.
- In order to compete, Surf Clubs must be affiliated to SSA, or request affiliation to SSA when submitting an entry form.
- The Contest uses a Tag Team format and there are no individual heats.
- Each Tag Team is made up of five surfers and should include at least one woman.
- The SWOT Surf Club, who are the defending champions, may enter an A & B team.
- Other Clubs may enter a B Team as long as the B Team entirely reflects transformation.
- A and B teams must compete as separate teams.
- Extra team members may be used as substitutes in each round.
Clubs may set up one gazebo each at the contest site but may not put up any conflicting branded banners or feathers.