O’Neill Jordy Smith Supergrom
presented by Sea Harvest
Bay of Plenty Durban
1 & 2 July 2017
- RESULTS U14 GIRLS GIRLS ONEILL JORDY SMITH SEA HARVEST SUPERGROM Ls
- RESULTS U16 GIRLS ONEILL JORDY SMITH SEA HARVEST SUPERGROM
- RESULTS U14 BOYS HEAT ONEILL JORDY SMITH SEA HARVEST SUPERGROM
- RESULTS U10 JORDY SMITH ONEILL SEA HARVEST SUPERGROM
- RESULTS U16 BOYS ONEILL JORDY SMITH SEA HARVEST SUPERGROM
- RESULTS U12 ONEILL JORDY SMITH SEA HARVEST
Jordy Smith joins the juniors at the O’Neill Jordy Smith Supergrom contest presented by Sea Harvest at Bay of Plenty in Durban
South Africa’s top surfer, Jordy Smith, joined competitors at the O’Neill Jordy Smith Supergrom presented by Sea Harvest Sunday and spent the day at Rock Piles near Bay of Plenty signing autographs, answering questions and handing out the trophies, medals and prizes to the finalists in all six divisions.
Smith, who is currently ranked third on the WSL World Tour, also invited nine young surfers from the South African Surf Tour rankings to join him for a 30 minute Expression Session which was held in excellent surf on Day One of the event.
The South African superstar spent the heat encouraging the invitees to perform as many radical moves as they could and in thirty minutes only caught one wave himself. In the end O’Neill team rider Eli Beukes from Kommetjie was named the winner of what was one of the highlights of this popular 1A rated SA Surf tour event. Read More…
The 2017 O’Neill Jordy Smith Supergrom contest presented by Sea Harvest takes centre stage at the DBN X Fest this Saturday
Close to 80 young surfers from all corners of South Africa will be in action at Durban’s Bay of Plenty this Saturday as they compete in the O’Neill Jordy Smith Supergrom presented by Sea Harvest.
The Surfing South Africa junior contest, which is part of the 2017 DBN X Fest, caters for girls and boys in the U10,U12,U14 and U16 age groups who will be competing for SA Surf Tour ratings points, unique trophies and a share of the R16000 in prize money and prizes on offer at the event.
The premier U16 Boys Division has attracted 18 entries, among them ratings leaders Eli Beukes and Max Elkington of Kommetjie,Luke Slijpen of Llandudno, Bryce du Preez of East London and locals Tide Lee Ireland, Saxton Randall and Karl Steen. Durban surfer S’nenhlanhla Makhubu is the pick in the U16 Girls division while Nate Spalding and Luke Thompson of Durban and Daniel Emslie, Reilly Mare and Mitch du Preez of East London are the top ranked surfers in the popular U14 Boys group.
Aimee du Preez and Zoe Steyn of East London, Jesse Powell of St Mikes and Ceara Knight of Cape Town are the top rated surfers in the U14 Girls group. Read More…
- Notice of withdrawal due to injury or illness must be sent to email@example.com prior to the start of the contest.
- Surfers who withdraw after the closing date will not receive an entry fee refund.
- Surfers who do not arrive for their heat (“no shows”) will be fined R500.
- Surfers must meet at the Bay of Plenty at 7.30am for an 8am start
- The Final Rounds will be held on July 2nd
- The Format is – 50% through in each heat
- The event is sanctioned by Surfing South Africa and is an SAST rated contest
- Enquiries : Contact 0824541149 (between 9am and 4pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
SURFING SOUTH AFRICA
Account Number: 50170019142
Branch Code: 201509
Ref : Surfers Name & ONJS
Email Proof of Payment to email@example.com